Image Map

Monday, November 25, 2013

Divergent

image via

Last night, I started reading Divergent by Veronica Roth. Jay and I saw Catching Fire yesterday and one of the previews that showed was for the movie depiction of the book coming out in March 2014. I loved the look of the preview and I remembered hearing good things about the book so I decided to pick it up at the iBookstore (and the book was only $3.99! I'm a total sucker for a book deal).  Anyway, I started it and have been flying through! Literally had to put my iPad down and force myself to go to sleep last night. I love Roth's description of Dauntless training, the political tension between the Erudite and Abnegation factions, and the strange idea of a society like this. Add in the tension between Four and Tris and my curiosity about what the Dauntless are guarding and I'm totally hooked.  I'm just over halfway through the book and I can't wait to finish this part of Tris' adventure and start the next book! 

What about you? Have you read Divergent? Reading anything you can't put down? Have any good book recommendations? Leave a comment below! 

p.s. Watch the trailer for Divergent here!

 photo sass-signature_zpsccc84cda.jpg

1 comment:

  1. I had heard that the Divergent books were really good, but hadn't read them yet.. Then when I saw the preview at Catching Fire, I decided I'd try to read them by Christmas! I have a crap ton of other books on my to-read list right now, so I may re-prioritize and get to this series later, but I am really looking forward to it either way!

    ReplyDelete

Let's hear what you think!